Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT) 2013 forms a unifying framework for Microsoft Windows Deployment Services, the Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit (Windows ADK), and Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2012 (Configuration Manager 2012) with documentation on best practices to help you deploy the Windows Server 2012 operating system more easily. In addition, MDT 2013 includes some tools that accelerate image creation and deployment. MDT 2013, together with the supporting documentation and tools, helps lower the effort required for server deployment. This module explains how to configure MDT and how to perform lite-touch and zero-touch deployments by using MDT.Lessons
Lab 1: Implementing Microsoft Deployment Toolkit
- Overview of MDT 2013
- Configuring Microsoft Deployment Toolkit
- Performing Lite-Touch Deployments
- Maintaining Images with MDT
- Performing Zero-Touch Deployments
- Installing and Configuring MDT
- Creating and Customising a Task Sequence
- Configuring the Deployment Share
- Performing a Lite-Touch Deployment
After completing this module, students will be able to:
- Describe how to use Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT) 2013 to deploy Windows Server 2012.
- Configure MDT 2013 to support your deployment strategy.
- Perform lite-touch deployments by using MDT 2013.
- Maintain images by using MDT 2013.
- Explain how to perform zero-touch deployments by using MDT 2013.