- Service Management as a Practice.
- Processes across the Service Lifecycle pertaining to the capability of Release, Control and Validation management.
- Change management as a capability to realise successful service transition.
- Service validation and testing as a capability to assure the integrity and the quality of service transition.
- Service asset and configuration management as a capability to monitor the state of service transition.
- Knowledge management as part of enhancing the on-going management decision support and service delivery capability.
- Service request fulfilment and evaluation to assure meeting committed service level performance.
- Common Service Operation activities related to Release, Control and Validation processes.
- Organising for Service Operation which describes functions to be performed within Release, Control and Validation processes.
- Release Control and Validation process roles and responsibilities.
- Technology and Implementation Considerations.
- Challenges, Critical Success Factors and risks.
- CSI as a consequence of effective Release, Control and Validation processes.
We recommend the course participants are familiar with the 5 ITIL® Core Publications prior to attending the course. In particular, the process chapters from the Service Operation Book and Service Transition Book. We estimate approximately 10 hours of personal study will be required. The ITIL® Books are not included with this course.