This course is intended for individuals and IT professionals who require a deeper understanding of the ITIL® Planning, Protection & Optimisation processes and how they may be used to enhance the overall quality of IT Service support and delivery. It is also suitable for operational staff who wish to enhance their role-based capabilities.
Before attending this course, students must have attended and achieved the ITIL® Foundation and Exam
Proof will need to be provided before attending the course.
We recommend that course participants are familiar with the 5 ITIL® Core Publications prior to attending the course. In particular, the process chapters from the Service Operation Book and some familiarity with the Continual Service Improvement Book would be an advantage. We estimate approximately 10 hours of personal study will be required.
The ITIL® Books are not included with this course.
- The importance of Service Management as a Practice
- Planning, Protection & Optimization processes in the Service Lifecycle
- Capacity Management – a capability to achieve effective Service Design
- Availability Management – a capability to achieve effective Service Design
- IT Service Continuity Management – support for Business Continuity Management
- Information Security Management – part of overall corporate governance
- Planning, Protection & Optimization roles and responsibilities
- Technology & implementation considerations
- Challenges, Critical Success Factors and Risks