This module introduces you to different storage hardware and communications technologies. It discusses enterprise storage hardware such as storage area network (SAN) and network-attached storage (NAS) solutions, direct-attached storage (DAS), bus technologies, storage controllers, and communications protocols.Lessons
Lab : Planning and Configuring Storage Technologies and Components
- Server Storage Topology
- Bus Technologies and Protocols
- Configuring Sharing in Windows Server
- Planning Storage Requirements
- Configuring iSCSI Storage
- Configuring and Managing Share Infrastructure
After completing this module, students will be able to:
- Understand the advantages and disadvantages of using DAS, NAS, and SAN topologies.
- Understand and configure bus technologies and protocols.
- Describe Server Message Block (SMB) and network file system (NFS) storage protocols.
- Configure SMB and NFS shares.